Thursday, November 10, 2011

What a week!!??!!

Busy week! Husband was having severe leg/hip pain...went to neurosurgeon on Monday, he had a protruding disk that broke and the piece was pinching a nerve...they scheduled the surgery for Tuesday.....Davis had a slight fever Monday, so we took him in, knowing hubby was having surgery....doctors said it was too early, but possible ear infection. I spent Monday trying to organize life to prepare for Davis not going to daycare and for the time hubby will be out of commission, as well as preparing for me to be out of work.
We woke early Tuesday to get to the hospital just to wait! I was a nervous wreck and I am sure that Marc was too, even though he would never admit it!! After several hours, Marc was ready for surgery and they whisked him away. I was petrified. It seemed like hours before the beeper alarmed notifying me that he was successfully finished, however it was really only about an hour and a half. After he finished I briefly met with his doctor and was told that the surgery went well. Then I had to wait to see him,.....I waited several hours and was super happy when I finally got to see and talk to him. He was groggy, but alert! He immediately said his leg felt better!! YAY!!! His back was sore, but he had surgery!! My mom came in to keep Davis, that night she called and said his fever spiked to 103. I cam home at midnight to help, gave him medicine and a bath and tried to get him and I some rest. Marc was able to come home Wednesday with MAJOR restrictions. Davis' fever was 104.8 last night!! Yikes! Took him today~double ear infection :( I haven't slept in 3 nights...ugh! I just put him down and he was fever free!! Exhausted doesn't begin to describe my current state!
So we are home, Marc and Davis are resting.....I am trying to catch up on everything! Prayers for healing and recovery for my family!!
That's all for now......

No comments:

Post a Comment