Sunday, December 23, 2012

Between the hustle and bustle....taking time to cherish my blessings....

I cannot believe that Christmas is just around the corner! Over the past few weeks, so much has happened and we are all so busy at parties, plays, and shopping! It is Christmas Eve, eve!!! This holiday, my heart feels soooo overwhelmingly blessed! Just over a week ago, there was a tragedy in which many precious lives were taken from this earth, from their loved ones, from their families.......the tragedy took over my emotions and I tried to empathize with their losses. As the weekend progressed, details were released, amd I was sick at what those poor babies endured. Then the names and ages were released....they were first graders, many were weeks apart from Jackson. My heart was and still is just sooo heavy. As I wrapped presents I cried, thinking of the Christmas' that will never be the same......I cry now ask type this....just wish I could understand and heal the pain.....what's sad is that we all take life for granted, each day we may forget to tell those who are important how much we love them and how much they add to our lives......since that tragic day, I am trying to hug my boys a little more, kiss them, and tell them how much I love them, everyday! I also think about family, what does family mean, and how someone could jeopardize a family from within....I have been praying for healing and peace over a situation within my family for almost a year.....at this holiday season I am sad that things haven't gotten better, I am sad to say they are worse....the bible says to forgive and forget, I pray for this for us all.....as I look at my two sweet boys, I cannot imaging ever talking down about them or their families....I just pray for love and peace. I am so excited to see Christmas through my boys eyes this year! Jackson is enthralled with Zeek and has such a twinkle in his eyes about Christmas....Davis is super exited too, he just doesn't know why! I am sure he will get it on Christmas morning! I am sooo proud of my boys, this past Wednesday, Jackson and Davis were in the church play...Davis sang (well mostly danced and clapped) with the little ones, and Jackson sang Silent Night all by himself! He did soooo good! I was also proud when he shared the true meaning with his friends at school! Makes my heart so proud to know that I am raising him to be a good Christian. Merry Christmas!!!! That's all for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment